What is the Awareness Raising Session?
The session is targeted at humanitarian donors, policy makers, decision makers, and programme developers. It aims to:
- raise awareness about the purpose and contents of LEGS
- share information on LEGS activities
- give a taste of the LEGS training process
What is Included?
- A presentation on the background to LEGS
- An exercise from the LEGS training on distinguishing between standards, key indicators and guidance notes
- An exercise on livelihoods and the impact of disasters (slow and rapid onset) on livestock
- An exercise to complete a PRIM (Participatory Response Identification Matrix) in groups in response to a case study emergency
- Discussion on the current LEGS training programme and future activities
This Session Has Been Delivered to:
- European Commission Humanitarian Aid Office (ECHO) and the European Commission (EC) in Brussels
- The EC Delegation in Nairobi
- the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in Rome
- New Zealand Aid and NGO staff in Wellington
- Office for Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) staff in Washington, DC
- the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) staff in Geneva
- FAO and other international agency staff in Panama City
For more information or to request a half-day session, please contact LEGS.